tyle=”color: #339966;”>SOLIDARITY. ACTIVE INVOLVEMENT. TOLERANCE. DEVELOPMENT FOR EACH MEMBER OF THE SOCIETY.
Established in 2009, “Access for All” is a non-governmental and non-profit organization that promotes and facilitates equal opportunities to education, training and free access to the labour market for persons belonging to disadvantaged categories. By all efforts, the dedicated team ensures continuity for two EU co-financed projects: “Access for All to an inclusive labour market” and “Closer to people through forms of social economy”.
Building up and developing an inclusive society, strongly believing that the environment and mentalities must be adjusted to real needs of disabled persons by:
- facilitating the access to public spaces and infrastructure
- unrestricted access to education
- unrestricted access to labour market and professional inclusion.
Since 2011, “Access for All” is certified as a legal Sheltered Enterprise for “Diversity and Access” and “Equitable art and commerce”. Persons with disabilities who are affiliated to the NGO manufacture artistic products and decorative elements using paper, wax, glass and many more materials, but also paintings and personalized objects. A full catalogue may be accessed here.
In 2011, have founded three operational entities: “Research and Lobby Centre”, “Vocational Counselling Centre” and “Resources and Training Centre”.
2013 was a prolific year for “Access for All”. Six fundraising events were organized and a very impressive support was offered by some of the main companies in Romania, acting in various industries. Additionally, an enthusiastic team of volunteers came along and got involved in day to day activity.
- Career counselling
- Personal development
- Reasonable adjustment
- Advocacy & self-advocacy
- Anxiety management
- Language development
PERIODICAL DISCUSSION MEETINGS regarding following subjects:
- Socio-professional inclusion of persons with disabilities
- Personal cognition
- National and international culture
- National and international traditions.
All workshops are focused on problem identification and solving, aiming to generate active involvement of all participants.
Employing persons with disabilities is a true act of social responsibility. Moreover, legal system protects companies through governmental financial support if labour relations are based on undetermined contractual period and lasts for more than 2 years.
HRS believes in people and acts as a responsible employer, constantly attracting new team members that belong to disadvantaged groups.
Having a wide expertise in social field, “Access for All” provides specialized support and counselling for companies that wish to make a difference in current society:
- Recruitment of persons belonging to vulnerable groups, mainly persons with disabilities;
- Reasonable adjustment of working environment to special needs;
- Counselling programs regarding social inclusion and social economy.
VOCATIONAL ASSESSMENT AND COUNSELING
Helped by highly trained counsellors, persons that belong to disadvantaged groups may access development courses through which they become aware of knowledge level and abilities required for specific jobs. The next step is represented by constant support in exploring labour market opportunities and suitable professional training courses that they may access for proper integration.
MEDIATION AND JOB PLACEMENT
“Access for All” counsellors act to liaise employees and their employers belonging to disadvantaged categories along entire working process.
Main personnel placement resources:
- Volunteering in NGOs and Foundations
- Interim (part-time and full-time).
In 2013, “Access for All” achieved great results regarding counselling, vocational mentoring and professional inclusion by providing customized services. Same year, has participated at ONG Fest events, extended the team with more than 12 volunteers and implemented a sponsorship program, having NANE Foundation as main partner.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Donate 2% from your income tax
- Redirect 20% from your profit tax
- Choose to hire persons with disabilities and provide proper environment and equipment
- Visit the online catalogue and buy products manufactured by NGO’s members
- Consider “Access for All” as a trusting partner in order to access European Social Funds
- Outsource part of your activity by contracting services provided by persons with disabilities.