New College Instructor Orientation
- Gain a perspective about your new role as a college instructor
- Learn, recognize, and utilize principles of adult learning.
- Identify and implement a variety of training methods.
- Develop skills in lesson planning and program development.
- Determine appropriate evaluation methods for training.
Outline of topics
- Roles & responsibilities of a new instructor
- Drawing on your previous experience
- Identifying your teaching style
- Moving forward in your new career
- Unique qualities of adult learners.
- Identifying diverse learning styles.
- Working with different learning styles.
- Barriers & Motivators.
Methods, Materials & Resources
- Identifying teaching methods.
- Identifying a variety of learning materials and resources.
- Determining the appropriate use of methods & materials.
- Choosing a Textbook.
Lesson Planning & Development
- Defining learning objectives.
- Drafting a course outline.
- Drafting a lesson plan.
- How lesson planning leads to program development.
Evaluating the College Student
- Identifying and dealing with test anxiety.
- Exploring alternative evaluation methods.
- Additional evaluation considerations.
- Providing feedback to the college student.
We consider that each employee learns from his/her experience. Therefore our training programs aim to go further and bring the participants to a higher level of knowledge by studying best practices and implementing them into their daily work. Thus, we offer you reliable solutions to ensure that your organization’s income rises faster than your workforce costs.